Since Canon does not provide CP900 drivers for latest OSX versions (shame on you Canon!) maybe these steps will help you:
- Start the printer and connect it to your Mac via USB interface (yes, does not work with Wifi). Check out that the printer screen shows a computer connected to a printer.
- Download the Gunterprint free software drivers for OSX from here.
- Unpackage and install the drivers.
- Go to
Printers & Scannersin the control panel.
- Add a new printer.
- A Canon CP900 printer will appear with
USB Kindvalue. Wait a little, a new one will appear with
guttenprint52+usb(52 because i downloaded drivers version 5.2). Click on the latter, and then click on the
Useselector, and then choose the
Canon SELPHY Cp900 - CUPS+Gutenprint Simplified. For some obscure reason just the
Simplifieddriver worked for me. Now click on
- Try to print and voilà! Bear in mind that this printer sheets are 15x10 so change it accordingly in the print configuration dialog.